15 Eanáir 2009

Next season: Matters of the heart

Sorry, but that's what happens in retail. You get all involved in the season at hand, and once handled, on to the next one. Oh, gosh, I really used to get hyped up for Valentine's Day. I didn't get to go to Kindergarten, s0 first grade was my first opportunity to experience it. And I had major loves in first grade. I even remember their names. So Sorry, Nancy Morgan, and Barbara Monchil, and Tanya Estrada, and Michelle Hoegler...Yeah, they were serious back then... I planned their valentines with all the angst that a 6 year old boy could muster. My printing on the backs of those 1959 Hallmark valentine cards was executed with the precision of a brain surgeon. It made for a very fun day. It must have. I still remember their names.

But now, now that I'm an old married man - 33 years, Valentines Day is simply a day to remember to get the ol Hallmark credit card out again. And not to try to be creative to impress the Mrs..."NO!!! Don't waste money on candy, I won't eat it. And DO NOT send me flowers at work!!! They just die. (Well, Duh...)

So remember Valentines Days past. Savor the flavor. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Go raibh míle maith agat! - May you have a thousand good things!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I stopped by to check out your blog!! I can't wait for March 14th.

Jennifer

Chuck Denton said...

Thanks, Jennifer!!!
You made my day just dropping by to visit!!!!
I can't wait either.
Hugs - Unc C