28 Eanáir 2008

Welcome to my post!

Gra Geal Mo Chroi...What does it mean? You say that you can't read Gaelic? Well either can I , but I do know a couple of phrases, and this one pertains to the love of my life, my partner in all things, Janet, my wife of 32 years. This phrase translates to "Bright love of my life" or "Love of my Heart" and that pretty much sums it up for me. It also describes another interest in my life, all things Irish. It's my work passion.

So, come on, hitch up and join my post. I'm Chuck Denton and I own an Irish goods store in Lee's Summit Missouri, named for my dad's Grandma and Grandpa, Ruth and Elmer Sullivan, and my wife, Janet's Grandma and Grandpa, Gladys and William Doherty. Our shop is called 'Doherty & Sullivan's Irish Goods.' We are also half of the originators of the Emerald Isle St. Patrick's Day Parade in Lee's Summit. We share this with Mary Pechar of the Green Beauty and Day Spa. (She's my neighbor).

Come on out and visit if you're in the neighborhood. It's a small shop but full of good will and a little gossip. We have a teapot on most every day, and we can evn accomodate a small tea if you are interested. Lee's Summit is a quaint area just recovering from a major home redo that affected every one of its Downtown Merchants. But we're coming back and we can't wait until Spring when warmer weather draws our crowd back to find our new gussied up image, and shops that sprang up over the winter.

On this blog, I plan to include news for our parade team, news about the shop and Irish events happening in Lee's Summit. For instance, Did you know that we are a local source for the Elders tickets? We are delighted to be able to do this for them again. Ask for details by calling me at 816 524-7151. The event is at the Uptown Theatre, on March 15th. Call me for more info! And don't forget to stop by!

CD

No comments: